People with oily acne prone skin need special moisturizers to keep their skin moist as healthy.The problem is that most of them tend to steer clear of moisturizers thinking they are protecting their skins against unwanted acne breakouts.
If anything, moisturizers are useful for just about anyone. What could be challenging is choosing the right product for an oily and acne prone skin.
Featured in this review are 12 of the best facial moisturizers for oily acne prone skin.
Vichy Normaderm Daily Anti-Acne Hydrating Lotion
Multipurpose. First, this is an oil-free moisturizing agent. Apart from that, you can use it as a treatment for acne-prone skin. It works effectively on blemishes, scars, redness, large pores, and uneven complexion. The result is a healthy-looking skin.
Non-comedogenic. Works very well on sensitive skin without leaving pores clogged. It cleanses and exfoliates your skin leaving it healthier than before.
- It is non-greasy which means it doesn’t leave you with an oily skin.
- You can use it to treat a number skin imperfections.
- It is gentle on acne-prone skin.
- It hydrates your skin to leave it looking soft and healthy.
- Some users have reported very minimal improvement in their problems with acne.
- Other users have reported severe skin irritation.
For oily skin. It works by targeting oil to leave you with a fine matte and refined pores. It employs Sebulyse technology together with powders to absorb and reduce oil.
Oil-free moisturizer. You don’t have to end up with an oily skin. Besides, it is none-comedogenic and ensures it delivers a light matte, in the end.
- It works very well as a base before you apply makeup.
- You can use it daily to moisturize oily skin.
- It is non-greasy and non-comedogenic.
- Apart from dealing with excess oil, it also helps refine skin pores.
- It does not have sunscreen capabilities.
Designed for all skin types. You can use it on oily skin, dry skin, and normal skin.
Lightweight. This lotion is not as greasy as the other products in the same category. It, therefore, leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft.
Non-comedogenic. It doesn’t leave your pores clogged even as it restores your skin’s natural barrier of protection.
- It works well on all skin types.
- Non-greasy which means it doesn’t leave your face looking oily.
- Does not leave your skin pores clogged.
- You can use it daily to leave your body hydrated.
- The pump on the bottle can break down.
- Doesn’t work as a sunscreen.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, Fragrance-Free Moisturizing Lotion.
Good for all skin types. Whether you have a dry or oily skin, this moisturizer works to leave your skin moist, healthy, and soft.
A lightweight moisturizer. It works well to hydrate the entire body. Your skin remains soft, hydrated, and moisturized. It doesn’t leave your pores clogged.
- Can be used on all skin types and by people of all age groups.
- Protects your skin from acne outbreaks by building a barrier against bacteria.
- Recommended for use by dermatologists.
- Moisturizes your skin without leaving it greasy or oily.
- Does not ship overseas.
Cetaphil Dermacontrol Moisturizer SPF 30, 4 Fluid Ounce.
A three-in-one formula. You can use this product to control skin oil, provide hydration, and act as a sunscreen.
Employs Oleosome technology in its formulation. The result is a product with few filters for greater hydration and less irritation.
- It is lightweight and absorbs quickly.
- It moisturizes you without making you look oily.
- Causes very minimal irritation to your skin.
- Free of paraben and doesn’t clog the pores.
- Might burn your eyes if it comes too close.
- Likely to leave an uncomfortable wet feeling.
Tea Tree Oil Face Cream – For Oily Acne Prone Skin
For use on several skin types. This cream will work for you if you have a skin full of cystic acne, blackheads, redness, blemishes, as well as combination skin.
Soothing and nourishing the skin. It is designed to hydrate, nourish, and soothe your skin. It doesn’t matter if it is dry, oily or combination skin.
Safe for your skin. The cream is made to be vegan-friendly, cruelty-free, and comedogenic. It is also a non-toxic and paraben-free cream that doesn’t have any hormone disruptors.
- It is safe for use by people with sensitive skin.
- It comes with a 60-day money back guarantee.
- You can use it whether you are a woman, man or teen.
- It fights redness, cystic skin, blackheads, and blemishes.
- Some people have found the Tea Tree smell to be unpleasant.
- For some users, this cream feels a little bit thick when using it for the first time.
Acne Moisturizer for Face-Clearing and Moisturizing Cream for Oily and Acne Free Skin
- Works against the laws of acne. If you have been looking for a treatment for blemishes and pimples, this is the perfect product. It will bring back clean skin in no time.
- No drying effects. Unlike other acne products that leave your skin dry, irritated, and feeling uncomfortable, this cream helps nourish your skin and clear blemishes, impurities, and pimples.
- Bringing out your youthful skin. You can be sure of getting an acne-free skin that looks more youthful than ever before.
- It contains proven skin nourishing ingredients.
- Helps nourish and clear blemishes from your skin without drying it.
- It costs much less than other comparable products.
- Makes your skin look more youthful than before.
- Some reviewers have found it to be a little bit greasier.
- Others have blamed it for making their breakout worse.
Murad Acne Control Skin Perfecting Lotion – Step 3
Making your skin perfect. If you have blemish prone skin, you can make it look clearer, smoother, and healthier. This non-comedogenic product helps fight breakouts, soothing skin irritation, and gives your skin the texture it deserves.
Giving you a healthier complexion. This lotion helps fight oily and acne prone skin without making it too dry or shiny. It tones the skin, clears pores, tightens and minimizes then to give you a clear complexion.
- It is non-comedogenic that moisturizes without leaving your skin greasy or looking oily.
- Tones your complexion by refining and tightening the pores.
- Has the perfect combination of ingredients for nourishing and soothing your skin.
- It hydrates your skin to keep it soft and smooth.
- Some customers have blamed it for causing more breakouts than before.
- People with allergic skin may experience unwanted reactions.
Fighting acne prone skin breakouts. If you are looking for a lotion that can help you clear acne and curtail any future breakouts, this is it. This lotion works by killing the acne-causing bacteria.
Clinically proven formula. The ingredients used to make this product are proven to be able to fight acne prone skin. A good example is benzoyl peroxide.
- Apart from clearing acne, it also helps prevent further breakouts.
- It works by targeting and killing acne-causing bacteria.
- Made using clinically proven ingredients with the ability to kill ingredients.
- It leaves your skin looking smooth and blemish free.
- Some people have found it not to be effective in fighting acne.
- The bottle is so tiny that you cannot compare with the high price.
TreeActiv Acne Eliminating Face Cream
Has antioxidant properties. Helps calm and repair the acne prone skin, without leaving the pores clogged. Good for sensitive, oily, and acne-prone skin.
All-natural ingredients. Includes turmeric, Gotu Kola, licorice, sage, propolis, and sandalwood. These help moisturize and renew your skin by nourishing it.
- Great for use by both sexes.
- Fights skin bacteria thus preventing acne breakout.
- Repairs and calms the skin without leaving the pores clogged.
- For use with all skin types.
- Some users of this product don’t like its scent.
- Some users have found it to cause the skin to dry out instead of moisturizing it.
Has anti-aging characteristics. Some of its ingredients help hydrate, repair, and make the skin cells stronger. That leaves your skin looking healthier and much younger.
Contains essential amino acids. These are the buildings blocks of collagen and body proteins. That is how this product is able to repair, regenerate, and hydrate your skin.
Paraben-free and unscented. That makes it less-irritating to the skin. Without the paraben, it is less greasy and will, therefore leave your skin without the unnecessary oily look.
- Repair, regenerate and hydrate your skin.
- It leaves your skin looking fresh, nourished, and younger.
- It doesn’t leave your skin looking oily or greasy.
- Hydrate your skin to make it supple and fine looking.
- Some users did not like how it felt on their skin.
- Its price is a little bit more on the higher side.
Botanical and natural ingredients. Made of sage, rosemary, ginseng extracts, and vitamins A, B, C, & D. Apart from leaving your skin soft and smooth, they ensure it is fresh and young-looking.
Ultra-thin protective layer. Helping to block bacteria and pollutants out of your skin by blocking the pores. That way, it prevents whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples in acne prone skin.
- Improving the skin’s elasticity as well as the skin tone.
- Smoothing the skin to reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
- It is a light cream that makes it easier for your skin to absorb for instant hydration.
- Can be used as matte priming for the application of makeup.
- Some customers have a problem with the way it moisturizes by blocking pores.
- The fact that it’s a little bit greasy has made some customers unhappy.